Friday, May 29, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things

So, my precious 3 year old boy says to my dear husband yesterday "Daddy, I do not want you to smoke anymore." Seriously, is there anything that kid could have said that would have more of a heart tugging effect on us?? He was so solemn and sweet about it. I never realized that kids pick up on so much. It is not like hubby smokes in the house or around the kids, he is fastidious about washing up afterwards, changing his shirt, brushing his teeth etc. Yet, a 3 year old knows what is up and that it is not a good thing. That one sentence has given hubby some things to think about. He has tried to quit quite a few times before, this time he says he wants to try the LASER therapy. At around 300 dollars a pop I hope that if he does it he will get the results he wants.
On another note I followed the blog hop last weekend for Cards For Heroes, www.cardsforheroes.org a great organization that sends handmade cards overseas to military personnel. I am in the process of making my first ever batch of cards to send to them. I am only up to 8 so far hoping to do 50 to 100.
That is all for today, have a great weekend!