Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Critters

So I am going out a limb with this post. I may be making myself sound like a bit of a redneck. We have a new addition to our strange menagerie of critters. For those who do not know we already have two cats, a hamster, a snake, a tarantula, and a scorpion, we had a turtle, but alas we had to let him go in the pond cause he was HUGE! And, it just was not right to keep him in a little 20 gallon tank any longer, sorry I digress. Our latest addition, wait for it, wait for it...is 200 or so (yes 200) baby crickets! You see crickets are what the tarantula and the scorpion eat. So, apparently the last time we purchased crickets we got a hot mama looking for a safe place to lay some eggs. I know, am I luckiest girl in the world or what? Anyway, so last night we had to go out and get a special food for them. Well, I do not want them to starve and if Hubby can "grow 'em big and fat"(his exact words, kid you not!) then we will not have to buy crickets for awhile. So, financially, if this works out, we will probably break even, if not then we are in the hole about seven dollars.

That's all for now. Hope you have an awesome day! Feel free to ccmment. I like comments, it is like getting mail that is not a bill :)